Whether you filed early or you're scrambling to get everything done before the clock runs down, Tax Day is finally here. The bad news is that doing your taxes is not fun. But the good news is after today you don't really need to think about it for the rest of the year. And the best news, if you're lucky, is that there's literally a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. So it makes sense that loads of retailers are holding sales and offering up exclusive savings to coincide with the day when America has money on the brain.
Looking for local Tax Day deals? There are tons of restaurants and brick-and-mortar businesses offering free add-ons and savings today. Check them out here.
Tax software deals
If you’ve really waited until the final minutes to file your taxes, you can now take advantage of discounts on tax software that makes it way easier to input all your information and calculate your deductions and get more in your refund. We tested the top tax software options and found that TurboTax is the easiest to use and has the best features. However, HR& Block is totally decent as well, so you really can't go wrong. I personally used H&R Block's online filing, which is perfectly fine for my needs as a full-time employee and a freelancer and a little less expensive than TurboTax's self-employed filing options.
Deals on shoes and apparel
After you put a chunk of your refund into savings or pay off those outstanding bills, you deserve to spoil yourself at least a little, right? If a big budget vacation isn’t in the cards right now, you can still get yourself something special. Maybe it’s those new running shoes you’ve had your eye on, or maybe this is the year you finally overhaul your wardrobe.
- Aerie: 60% off trendy one-piece swimsuits
- Amazon: Up to 25% off Amazon brand intimates and PJs
- ASOS: Up to 60% off select styles
- Gap: Up to 60% off select styles (Save an extra 40% sitewide with the code “FORYOU” and an extra 10% with the code “BREAK”)
- Nike flash sale: Up to 50% off shoes and clothing for men, women, and kids
- Nordstrom Rack flash sale: Sperry shoes starting at $35
- Target: Get a $10 giftcard with any order of $40 of more
Health and beauty deals
Got enough clothing already, but still want to treat yourself? There are a few fantastic deals from major beauty brands you won’t want to miss.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics: 50% off sitewide when you spend at least $30
- Tarte Cosmetic: Save 15% with the code “SEAYOUSOON15”
- Too Faced: Save 20% with the coupon code “ILOVE20”
Tech and computer deals
Ready to splurge on the computer you’ve been wanting? You should check out these sales for savings on computers and tech accessories.
- Alienware: Up to 40% off laptops and desktops
- Apple: Free 2-day shipping on MacBooks
- Best Buy: Save up to $100 on Apple products
Prices are accurate at the time of publication, but may change over time.